Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a lawyer with significant experience in corporate investigations and compliance programs to join its Business Conduct and Ethics team.
As corporate counsel, you will monitor, supervise, and independently conduct internal investigations involving potential legal and regulatory issues, including fraud allegations. The ideal candidate must be a strong communicator adept at working with multiple stakeholders to navigate complex investigations and deliver results. You will also help design, administer, and support our Business Conduct and Ethics compliance program. You must be able to prioritise, multi-task, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, ambiguous and changing environment.
This role is based in Germany but will support other countries in the region and thus travel may be required.
• 7+ years of experience, including at least 3+ years investigations or compliance experience with corporations, law firms, or government agencies
• Qualified lawyer (Juris Doctor or equivalent) and bar membership in good standing in at least one jurisdiction
• Anti-corruption and bribery experience including counseling and defense
• Experience in crisis management and response
• Excellent English skills that include the ability to draft documents and conduct interviews in English
• Hands-on project management experience, including the ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working independently and often in ambiguous environment
• Fluency in languages besides English
• Highest standards of ethics, professional integrity, and discretion
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated proficiency in working closely with and advising senior executives of an organization
• Team player and consensus builder with great people skills and a good sense of humor, who can effectively and efficiently collaborate to build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the organization
• Sound and practical business judgment as well as common sense
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.