Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a lawyer with significant experience in developing and maintaining compliance programs and mitigating risk to join its Business Conduct and Ethics team. The role will support and focus on Amazon's businesses in North America.
As corporate counsel, you will help design, administer, and support our Business Conduct and Ethics compliance program. This includes conducting regular risk assessments; providing compliance advice and guidance to attorneys and business leaders across Amazon; working with attorneys and business leaders throughout the organization to monitor, track, and help manage our compliance and training goals; and coordinating with other internal teams. The ideal candidate must be a strong communicator and able to work with multiple stakeholders to navigate complex issues and deliver results.
You must be able to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility in fast-paced, ambiguous and changing environments.
This role is based in either Seattle or Arlington, VA.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
• JD or foreign equivalent and at least 8 years experience post-law school, including a substantial amount of compliance experience with corporations, law firms, or government agencies
• Anti-corruption and bribery experience including counseling and defense
• Hands-on project management experience, including the ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working independently and often in ambiguous environments
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic, growth environments and will have a strong reputation for delivering results
• Sound and practical business judgment as well as common sense
• Team player and consensus builder with great people skills and a good sense of humor who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the organization
• Highest standards of ethics, professional integrity, and discretion
• Demonstrated proficiency in working closely with and advising senior executives of an organization
• Logical and quick thinker with a clear and concise communication style (written and verbal)
• Ability to take risks backed by sound judgment and analysis
• Experience in crisis management and response
• Desire and ability to seek ways to innovate within the business to improve results and customer experience.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.