Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented attorney to be based in Seattle to fill the position of Corporate Counsel AWS Security. The role will primarily support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the cloud computing service industry, providing IT infrastructure services, such as on-demand compute, storage, database, network and content delivery, artificial intelligence, mobile, and internet of things services, and more.
You'll be an integral part of the AWS Security team you support, giving input on business and strategy, in addition to providing legal counsel on regulatory matters, resolving issues that arise in commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation disputes and inquiries. You will develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways and you will build processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly. You also will provide support for AWS's global security operations, working with engineers on complex, emergent matters.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation based on experience and includes equity compensation.
• Juris Doctor (JD) and admitted to at least 1 state bar (or equivalent)
• 5+ years of legal experience, preferably with technology-related legal and regulatory matters
• Mix of law firm and in house experience at a technology company
• Experience with compliance and regulatory regimes
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to make important decisions on emerging issues, often with limited information
• Experience anticipating developing issues, thinking ahead, and influencing internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple projects at once, and commitment to deadlines
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.