Corporate Counsel, AWS Global Trade (EMEA)
- London, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon's legal department.
We are looking for talented and motivated attorneys to manage our growing business as we expand into new countries and to support our international trade matters for our global and rapidly evolving Amazon Web Services businesses. You will be responsible for counseling the businesses on a broad range of import, export, and sanctions regulatory and commercial matters, including on cutting-edge areas of developing international trade law. You will work directly with the businesses you support, serving as counsel and providing strategic input on global expansion, import/export compliance, logistics, transportation, and supply chain commercial transactions and initiatives. You will collaborate with attorneys across the globe to develop innovative international trade, sales, transportation and supply chain solutions. You will provide day-to-day guidance on trade regulations, and advise on upcoming regulatory changes and enforcement trends including in new and emerging areas of law. You will employ creative approaches to resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, including pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries. You will develop and improve trade policies and procedures, including working cross-functionally with technology teams to implement automated solutions.
This role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to join a collaborative, tight-knit team that is leading exciting and pioneering global initiatives as part of a business that is making history. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
• At least five years of post-qualification legal experience
• International trade experience
• High degree of independence, initiative, decisiveness and creative thinking, as well as a desire to be challenged
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to be a partner to business stakeholders
• Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity
• Great business judgment
• Ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment
• A mix of law firm and in-house experience is a plus
• Ability to demonstrate sound and practical business judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Excellent organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple and varying mission-critical projects at once, and to follow through and meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top