Corporate Counsel – AWS
Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented technology lawyer to fill the position of Corporate Counsel in Seattle to support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. This Corporate Counsel will support Amazon Web Services principally across the Americas markets, and may also support other markets. Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the "cloud" computing and service industry, providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers and more.
This position will primarily support AWS's Sales, Marketing, and Business Development teams, negotiating strategic, enterprise and technology licensing agreements and assisting with marketing and business development initiatives, and global expansion. The candidate will have primary transactional drafting and negotiation responsibilities on deals, and provide ongoing legal counsel and contract interpretation for senior executives and other business team members. These transactions range from standard contracts to complex, high value agreements. The candidate also will be expected to participate in other Amazon legal projects as directed, including the administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
- Strong transactional and technology licensing experience.
- A minimum of 4+ years of legal experience (with several experience years at a leading law firm or in-house experience).
- Must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- Familiar with IT infrastructure, outsourcing, telecommunications or cloud computing services.
- Strong background in technology/content licensing and the ecommerce industry.
- In-house experience at a technology or internet company.
- Management experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top