Corporate Counsel, Amazon Web Services China
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented technology lawyer to be based in Beijing as legal support for Amazon Web Services in China. Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the cloud computing industry, providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, and more.
This position will primarily support AWS' operations, compliance, and product and business development initiatives. A successful candidate will provide ongoing legal counseling and legal (contract and regulatory) interpretation and guidance for senior executives and business team members and will have primary transactional drafting and negotiation responsibilities on related deals. The candidate also will be expected to participate in other Amazon legal projects and support related business growth opportunities, including the management and resolution of legal and regulatory issues that arise under current and future operations, pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries, and law enforcement requests. A strong background in technology and the ecommerce industry is a plus. A successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation based on experience and includes equity compensation.
• Law degree from a leading university and law school.
• Licensed to practice law in China and/or the US, UK or other common law jurisidiction.
• The ideal candidate will have a strong transactional and technology regulatory experience, as well as in-depth understanding of Chinese law and practices.
• A minimum of 6+ years of legal experience (with experience at a leading law firm and/or in-house at a major multinational corporation.
• A successful candidate must be mature, enthusiastic, fast learning, self-motivated enjoy working hard and being challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
• Excellent communication, drafting and negotiation skills in both English and Chinese (Mandarin).
• Familiar with cloud computing, IT infrastructure and telecommunications
• In-house experience at a technology or internet company
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top