Amazon's Legal Department is looking for an energetic lawyer to fill the position of Corporate Counsel in Seattle to support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the "cloud" computing and service industry, providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers and more. This position will primarily support AWS's engineering, procurement and supply chain teams. The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation will be based on experience and includes equity compensation.
- Draft and negotiate technology development, purchase, manufacture and other commercial agreements.
- Respond promptly and crisply to business requests for legal advice.
- Support continuous improvement of standard form agreements and processes impacting our legal team and the businesses we support.
- Strong academic credentials; JD from top law school/top of class; membership in one state bar.
- At least 3 years legal experience. Familiarity with technology licensing agreements.
- Demonstrated experience advising clients in structuring complex commercial transactions.
- Direct knowledge and experience in hardware / software and manufacturing/ supply chain operations.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage many simultaneous work/streams, clients and projects under deadline pressure.
- Superior English communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top