Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon's legal department.
We are looking for a talented attorney to support our rapidly growing and evolving Amazon Pay service. You will serve as the primary lawyer responsible for counseling the Amazon Pay business on a broad range of commercial, technology, strategic, and regulatory matters. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
Principal duties include structuring, drafting and negotiating complicated commercial agreements and providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, including privacy, intellectual property, marketing, and regulatory compliance. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
- 4+ years of legal experience (with at least two years at a law firm) as a transactional attorney
- Juris Doctor and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required
- Experience in commercial transactions.
- A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top