Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon's legal department.
We are looking for a talented attorney to support our rapidly evolving Digital Music business, including support of Amazon Music Unlimited and Prime Music. You will counsel the Digital Music business on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters and structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions with record labels, music publishers and others. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, providing day-to-day advice, and resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships.
In supporting our music streaming and download businesses, your principal duties include structuring, drafting and negotiating complicated technology, distribution, licensing, marketing and other commercial agreements and providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property, digital media and regulatory compliance.
Every day across the world we develop the ideas, the services and the products that make life easier for tens of millions of customer, and make good things happen faster. From providing Earth's Biggest Selection of products to developing ground breaking software and devices that change entire industries. Amazon is a place of invention and progressive thinking.
- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school and membership in one state bar is required
- 4+ years of legal experience as a transactional legal counsel, preferably with some portion of that experience in technology and commercial transactions
- 3+ years experience in a top national or international law firm is required
- Some travel, domestic and international, may be required
- A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top