Copywriter, Amazon Books
Join the team that launched the first-ever Amazon physical retail store, Amazon Books, and are at the forefront of reinventing the physical retail landscape. We provide a unique extension for Amazon.com given our ability to connect to people's emotions and senses through a physical experience, our associates ability to engage directly with customers, and a space designed for discovery and exploration.
We are looking for a great writer who loves books and can help us share the exciting concept of Amazon Books with customers. If you are creative and strategic, love learning, and want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with business and category leaders to understand what makes Amazon Books a unique and compelling shopping experience, and the products we carry interesting and relevant to our customers.
- Partnering with marketing and merchandising to create strong store concepts, features and marketing collateral.
- Delivering clear, concise and compelling marketing copy content for campaigns, events, device releases, and in-store merchandising.
- Developing copy content for branded assets (e.g., bookmarks, shopping bags, store barricades) and partnering with stakeholders to develop standard operating procedures to manage branded content touchpoints.
- Assisting with the creation and editing of store associate sales tools and executive presentations to stores.
- Copy editing store event playbooks and newly created training materials.
- Managing the Copy Editing Bar Raiser program.
- Maintaining, evolving and championing an Amazon Books copy style guide.
- Reviewing end-to-end user experiences across channels, ensuring all content is appropriately on message and meets our high standards, legal requirements and style guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications or related field
- 5+ years of marketing copy writing experience.
- Ability to effectively implement brand voice in varying mediums.
- Excellent writing abilities and superior attention to detail.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Proven success writing effective marketing copy.
- Portfolio demonstrating the successful communication of messages across multiple platforms.
- Strong interpersonal communication (verbal and written) skills.
- A passion for customers (especially readers) and a great appetite for reading.
- Experience developing copy content for multiple mediums including print, digital and narrative.
- Solid understanding of both AP Style and Chicago Manual of Style
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top