Amazon is looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator to add to the team:
Year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members safe, fulfilled, motivated and empowered. To help us achieve this, we're seeking a driven Health & Safety Coordinator. With your Bias for Action, we'll need you to step in and help drive health and safety across our Fulfillment Center (FC) in Italy.
In this crucial Health and Safety position, you'll report to the site Health and Safety Manager.
• Undertake risk assessments as required and follow up control measures to completion
• Complete daily metrics and callouts from the sites
• Take a Deep Dive into safety data, as you monitor recordable incidents on-site,
• Leveraging your Auditor-level knowledge of Amazon's procedures and legal requirements, you'll advise associates and managers accordingly,
• Become a subject matter expert in your specific level of competence, while staying vigilant and not disclosing any sensitive information outside of your particular level,
• Consistently monitor sites, keeping high focus on compliance with Amazon's safety procedures,
• Investigate accidents, near misses and any incidents, as you establish root cause,
• Update internal records regarding incidents, near misses and accidents,
• Undertake action plans to ensure continuing, sustained compliance with legislation,
• Conduct yourself professionally at all times: you maintain confidentiality in matters involving safety investigations,
• Flexibility on hours worked to cover shifts during Peak and ensure investigations are completed
• Support Fulfillment Center with safety administrative tools.
• Support Fulfillment Center providing H&S training.
• Must have qualification as ASPP and professional trainer
• Candidates with degree (or equivalent) qualifications not in Safety disciplines, but who have relevant experience, will also be considered
• Has a demonstrable in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EHS legislation
• You possess a meticulous level of sustained attention-to-detail,
• Ability to work under the minimum of supervision,
• You have a proven ability to work to targets and deadlines,
• Solid computer literacy and skills,
• You're a good communicator, both verbally and in writing.
• Lean, 5S and Kaizen qualifications/experience
• Demonstrable ability to learn quickly, while closely adhering to new processes and procedures,
• You're able to work independently, at times under minimum levels of supervision,
• You're flexible and adaptable; able to meet the needs of the business head on,
• Great team player: you contribute to a positive and healthy team environment,
• You bring plenty of drive, enthusiasm and self-motivation with you each day,
• Experience with Gensuite as EHS application tool
• Spoken and written fluency in English and Italian
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief