This position requires up to 40% Travel. When not traveling this position is for ABE8 CoE.
Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for Amazon Controls/Electrical Technical Trainer to join the RME Technical Learning Team! At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
We continue to develop technical courses, skills-based training, practical exercises and assessments for our Maintenance teams who maintain equipment within our Fulfillment, Transportation, and Global Specialty Operations (GSO) centers. We have adopted a blended approach by mixing both instructor-led, web-based and skills-based (practical hands-on) methods of delivery.
• Travel to sites to deliver technical training on Controls, Electrical and automation equipment and assets
• Develop and maintain technical training content and deliverables
• Administer Learning management system (LMS) tasks such as schedule sessions, register participants and instructor resources
• Provide content and class feedback to learning strategy team to drive improvements
• Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals
• Provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
• Associates degree or equivalent experience
• Ability to work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
• 1 year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (Including Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Knowledge of concepts and messaging protocols within Warehouse Management System Software and control systems concepts
• 1+ years of experience in a training role, preferably technical training
• Experience with developing training documentation (lesson plans, procedures, reports, etc.)
• 2+ years of demonstrated Adult Learning and Curriculum Design/Improvement experience
o Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
o Maintenance & Reliability Professional
o Ability to work with Microsoft office suite and able to make training and technical content as needed
• Experience in at least one of the following areas:
o Identifying, maintaining, troubleshooting and modifying AB RS LOGIX 5000 PLC's and PLC components, Robotics system components and , HMI components, control network components
o Identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify Motor including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard components
o Industrial hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .