Controls Engineer, Robotics
Amazon's Worldwide Operations org is starting a new autonomous robot program. This new program requires solving hard problems and inventing for almost every aspect of this wide-open effort. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment.
The Controls Engineer will be responsible for:
You will create, optimize, and maintain state estimation and control systems to support real-time, robotic operations. You will work closely with hardware and vision teams to develop test platforms, simulation and embedded technologies.
- PhD in Mechanical, Computer Science, Electrical, Computer or other engineering discipline, ideally with formal training in stochastic state estimation
- 3+ years of hands-on development with an emphasis on state estimation using hardware (IMU, GPS,…)
- Stochastic sensor fusion for linear and/or non-linear systems
- Solid debugging skills and the ability to solve difficult problems
- Ability to create verify and validate stochastic models of sensors and robotic systems
- Ability to create rapid prototypes, scripts, and other solutions for quick turnaround experiments
- Practical experience with embedded operating systems, kernel development, or device drivers
- Hands on development with cameras, 3D sensors, or other vision technologies
- Experience handling and analyzing large data sets
- Experience with electrical or mechanical test harnesses, control code, and fixture design
- Hands on experience with embedded test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, bus analyzers, in-circuit emulators, logic analyzers
- Experience with data analytics and visualization tools
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top