- Seattle, WA
As part of the global controls team, you will work with highly motivated experts and innovators in the data center industry. You will be responsible for innovating, deploying, optimizing, and maintaining the automation systems within the data centers. Automation systems consist of building management system (BMS) and electrical power monitoring system (EPMS). Using Amazon leadership principles, you will develop new processes and standards while innovating in the controls space.
As an controls engineer you will:
• Perform controls root cause analysis.
• Schedule and supervise Quarterly maintenances for BMS and EPMS.
• Provide vendor management.
• Develop scope of work for site improvement projects.
• Support Global Controls projects team.
• Work under tight project timelines.
• Manage multiple stakeholder deliverables, requirements and navigate difficult situations.
• Review controls sequence of operation and provide feedback to design.
• Financially manage service invoices.
• Provide technical assistance to internal customers during life cycle of the data center.
• Participate in a global on-call schedule.
• Grow in technical ability by learning a multitude of different automation platforms.
A Controls Engineer may also perform the following:
• Ensure data center controls are deployed in accordance with scope of work (SOW) and specifications.
• Develop building automation controls drawings and wiring diagrams.
• Size controls valves and damper actuators and select controls devices.
• Review and provide feedback on mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) drawings.
• Develop controls bill of material (BOM).
• Develop and modify controls logic programming.
• Develop and modify graphical user interface.
• Act in a project sponsor capacity.
• Minimum two (2) years related experience in controls or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience with engineering documentation, electrical diagrams and standard operating procedures.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in vendor management and scheduling.
• B.S. in an engineering-based discipline or 5+ years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Three (3) years of experience in either design programming, or startup/commissioning.
• Two (2) years of experience in project management. Excellent communication skills, teamwork, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with controls in data centers or other critical facilities.
• Networking administration experience.
• MQTT communication protocol experience.
• Experience in any of the following systems: Siemens, Eaton, Tridium, Distech, Struxureware, APC, Ignition, or ABB.
• Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top