- Hermiston, OR
As part of the global controls team, you will work with highly motivated experts and innovators in the data center industry. You will be responsible for innovating, deploying, optimizing, and maintaining the automation systems within the data centers. Automation systems consist of building management system (BMS) and electrical power monitoring system (EPMS). Using Amazon leadership principles, you will develop new processes and standards while innovating in the controls space.
As a controls engineer you will:
• Perform controls root cause analysis for service of controls for AWS data centers.
• Manage scope of Building Management System (BMS) and Electrical Power Monitoring System (EPMS) for construction of AWS data centers.
• Schedule and supervise Quarterly maintenances for BMS and EPMS.
• Provide vendor management.
• Develop scope of work for site improvement projects.
• Work under tight project timelines.
• Manage multiple stakeholder deliverables, requirements and navigate difficult situations.
• Review controls sequence of operation and provide feedback to design.
• Financially manage both construction and service contracts.
• Provide technical assistance and support to internal customers during life cycle of the data center.
• Participate in a global on-call schedule.
• Ensure data center controls are deployed in accordance with scope of work (SOW) and specifications.
• Review and provide feedback on mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) drawings.
• Act in a project sponsor capacity.
• Grow in technical ability by learning a multitude of different automation platforms.
• Develop building automation controls drawings and wiring diagrams.
• Size controls valves and damper actuators and select controls devices.
• Develop controls bill of material (BOM).
• Develop and modify controls logic programming.
• Develop and modify graphical user interface.
1. B.S./B.A. degree with 4 years of relevant controls work experience or A.S. and 6 years of relevant controls work experience
2. 2 years of experience designing, configuring, programming, installing or servicing one of the following products: Siemens: Apogee, Honeywell: Building Controls, Trend: Building Controls, Schneider Electric: Power Logic/Struxureware, Rockwell Automation: FactoryTalk, Ignition, Tridium: Niagra, Eaton: Foreseer, ABB: Decathalon, Johnson Controls: Metasys
3. Minimum two (2) years of experience in project coordination with multiple teams or vendors to meet project requirements.
• M.S. In an engineering-based discipline or ten 10+ years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Six (6) years of experience in either design programming, or startup/commissioning.
• Four (4) years of experience in project management.
• Experience with controls in data centers or other critical facilities.
• Networking administration experience.
• MQTT communication protocol experience.
• Experience in any of the following systems: Siemens, Eaton, Tridium, Distech, Struxureware, APC, Ignition, or ABB.
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• This role requires domestic and or international travel up to 35%.
• Solid foundation in communication protocols.
• Windows power user skill set, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and project management software.
• Demonstrated understanding of engineering documentation, electrical diagrams and standard operating procedures.
• Excellent communication skills, teamwork, organizational and problem-solving skills. Ability to manage multiple stakeholder deliverables, requirements and navigate difficult situations.
Amazon is a committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top