Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
The Data Center Global Services team is looking for exceptional individuals to join our Implementation, Controls organization as Controls Engineer responsible for the building automation and electrical power monitoring systems within Amazon data centers. If you are passionate about the Customer Experience, think and act globally and have the ability to contribute to major new innovations in the area of building controls and automation this is the challenge you are looking for!
The ideal candidate will possess a Project/Construction Management, Mechanical, Electrical or Information Technology background that enables him/her to undertake the challenges of sophisticated it systems/controls platforms and a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically in aligning building controls and automation with the larger objectives of the business.
You will be a point of contact for individuals reporting or highlighting issues with systems or equipment, with hands-on experience supporting various levels of IT infrastructure (Network/Systems/Controls) as well as Windows, Linux/Unix platforms.
Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Establish standards and/or best practices of networking, administration, and maintenance of SCADA system.
- Project sponsorship for Controls Deployment in new Data Centers
- Act as first responder to controls issues within the Data Center
- Provide escort support to outside contractors for routine and emergency controls work.
- Work individually and as part of a team to develop new products, support existing products, test and evaluate equipment.
- Provide technical assistance as needed to internal customers.
This position requires that applicant selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain a TS/SCI US Government clearance with polygraph. TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4.
- 4+ years of hands – on PC hardware, software and O/S support experience (including installation, configuration and troubleshooting) with exposure to a wide variety of products, issues and customer types.
- Hardware knowledge / experience - support and repair
- 1 year experience supporting SCADA Administration (Operator Level Experience)
- Willingness to learn and operate different controls platforms including Schneider Struxureware, Power Logic, Siemens Apogee, Tridium, and Eaton Foreseer
- Holds an understanding of core internet technologies – DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, mail transport/s.
- A broad understanding of networking technologies both wired and wireless. Port level troubleshooting of Cisco switches and data cabling knowledge.
- Active Directory and Windows Server administration. Windows 7 system support.
- Linux/Unix system support and ability to write simple scripts in some administrative language.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact have been demonstrated.
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced and growing Engineering and global environment where some travel maybe required (domestic and international).
- Superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and experience and the ability to deal effectively with people at different levels and in different situations.
Additional Specific Controls Experience:
Minimum 4 years of Field Service experience preferably with the following products:
- Siemens: Apogee
- Honeywell: Building Controls/Trend
- Schneider Electric: PowerLogic/Struxureware
- Rockwell FactoryTalk
- Tridium Experience
- Power User Level Windows Skill Set
- Please email AWS Sourcing Recruiter, Scott Korkowski ([email protected]) if you have questions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top