Controls Deployment Project Manager (Construction)
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Data Center Global Services team is looking for exceptional individuals to join our Implementation, Controls organization as Controls Engineer for Construction (BMS/EPMS), responsible for the building automation systems within Amazon data centers. If you are passionate about the Customer Experience, think and act globally and have the ability to contribute to major new innovations in the area of building controls and automation this is the challenge you are looking for!
The ideal candidate will possess a project/construction management, mechanical, electrical or technology background that enables him/her to undertake the challenges of sophisticated controls platforms and a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically in aligning building controls and automation with the larger objectives of the business.
Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Understanding of: electrical diagrams, control diagrams, building operations, control circuits, industrial HVAC.
- Ability to ascertain customer needs to help develop project scope and specifications.
- Ability to manage scope of work relative to the site specifics and customer needs.
- Ability to manage project engineering to determine the scope of work relative to the design intent of the customer needs.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and implementing those specifications as they apply the work environment.
- Development of control panel BOM's
- Development of ISA data sheets for temperature, level, flow, and pressure transmitters along with ISA data sheets for control valves, positioners, analytical, and various other types of instrumentation.
- Development of drawings for control panels, power distribution, junction boxes. Included in the drawings are the general arrangement, internal layout, schematics and interconnection and wire diagrams.
- Development of logic diagrams in the International Automation format for complex logic devices such as Programmable Logical Controller and Distributed Control System.
- Preparation of cable, routing plans and schedules.
- Performing inspects, testing, and commission of the facility systems.
- Work individually and as part of a team to develop new products, support existing products, test and evaluate equipment.
- Provide technical assistance as needed to internal customers.
- Coordinate project work internally within the department and externally with other departments to ensure on-time completion of projects within budget.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for success at Amazon:
- Strong customer focus
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Strive for innovation and simplification
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing teams, preferably in a Controls, Mechanical or electrical construction environment
- Experience as a Controls Engineering Specialist
- Minimum 5 years of field service experience preferably with one or more of the following products:
Honeywell: Building Controls/Trend
Schneider Electric: PowerLogic/Struxureware
Power User Level Windows Skill Set
- Project management, organization and problem solving skills with a drive for results and the ability to handle multiple task
- Should be skilled at written and verbal communication.
- Must possess ability to build peer relationships as well as work independently.
- Must be able to operate with little to no supervision
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally, up to 25% of the year
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, HVAC, or other related engineering degrees as well as five (5) years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top