Contract/Compliance Manager (Level 6)
Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available. Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments.
To help solve this problem, Amazon has begun the work of building incremental testing capacity. We are seeking a Contract/Compliance manager to to develop and execute major contracts against the specific commodity. This role will manage creating/drafting and supplier agreements (e.g., mater supplier agreements, nondisclosure agreements, and other commercial contracts). The Contracts Manager will counsel Global Commodity manager on compliance, sustainability and other key topics. Must have excellent communication skills as this position involves direct contact with principal business owners. The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Collaboration with Legal R&D, Global Engineering, Operations and Demand Planning to develop end-to-end contracts is required.
Primary duties of this role will include:
• Develop and manage contracts with internal legal team and suppliers in one or more specific commodities.
• Responsible for managing contract development end-to- end.
• Work closely with our internal teams to support program objectives.
• Develop contract roadmaps aligning program and business requirements with supplier capabilities.
• Maintain professional knowledge of commodity technology trends including rigorous analysis of industry drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape.
• Ensure supplier readiness and continuity of supply throughout entire product life cycle.
• Bachelor's degree in Business or Supply Chain Management
• 5+ years' experience in contract management
• 5+ years' experience in technology industry
• 5+ years' experience managing supplier relationships
• MBA or M.S. in Supply Chain
• Strong experience in sourcing
• CPPM or CPSM
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.