- Sunnyvale, CA
For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services ("AWS") has been the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world-including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies-to power their infrastructure. Business Technology & Services (BTS) is a diverse team that supports infrastructure and other foundational initiatives that span and support Sales, Marketing and Support teams within AWS.
The Custom Contract Specialist will support AWS Professional Services and AWS Legal by operationalizing the Statements of Work (SOW) contract creation process. We're looking for a motivated self-starter who's passionate about managing operational processes, analyzing trends and recommending and implementing process improvements.
This is a unique role, with similar functions to a business operations analyst and a contract analyst. The candidate will work side by side with AWS Legal to ensure SOWs meet legal requirements. Additionally, you will support AWS Professional Services by providing operational and administrative guidance, enabling them to provide an outstanding customer experience.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, like being continually challenged, demonstrate sound judgment, and attention to detail. You should have an interest in working in a space, where legal meets business.
• Own the SOW process, creating documentation, gathering approvals, tracking status and communication between key parties.
• Retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Salesforce.com and other data management/BI Systems
• Support weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
• Proactively identify and implement operational improvements and enhancements that meet business requirements
• Communicate daily with cross functional teams including Sales, Legal, Operations and Management
• Create and maintain standard operating procedures
• Participate in continuous process improvement projects
• Become the SOW creation subject matter expert
• Bachelor's Degree
• 4+ years of relevant contracting experience
• Excel Skills (Pivot Tables, VLookups and Charts)
• Experience reviewing and drafting contract terms in technology licensing and service contracts or a broad range of standard commercial contracts
• Additional education beyond a four year university degree is strongly preferred
• 2+ years of Salesforce Experience
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively across all functions and levels of the organization
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional team
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top