Content Strategy Manager - Devices
The Amazon Devices Brand Marketing team is seeking a detail-oriented, customer-obsessed, passionate, and resourceful Content Marketing Manager. We support devices brands including Kindle, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and Amazon Echo. In this role, you will manage content opportunities across marketing platforms, and build relationships with key content providers – including movie and TV studios.
This role will develop, manage and execute a content acquisition strategy to support product positioning and integrated marketing campaigns across the Amazon Devices portfolio, including broadcast TV, online video, print, social, online product pages, packaging and in-store merchandising. In partnership with creative, marketing, and business development teams, you will define the criteria for content selection, and collaborate with creative teams to develop marketing assets for devices that tell the story of our digital content ecosystem.
This position will manage negotiations, approvals, deliverables and clearance requirements for content, working with television and movie studios and cross-functional teams across the organization (Appstore, Alexa Skills Store, Kindle Books/Magazines, FreeTime, Amazon Music, Amazon Studios, Twitch, Comixology, Amazon Game Studios) – consistently gathering high-quality assets for publication and broadcast use. The ideal candidate works fast and can handle several projects – often in various stages of development. In this role, you will enjoy collaborating with global product marketing, product management, UX and brand design teams across multiple organizations, and consistently deliver high quality results despite competing priorities. You understand how great content can be a key growth driver. You know how to leverage data to inform editorial direction. You aren't necessarily deeply technical, but you aren't afraid of tech either.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in acquisition and management of creative assets, with a sense of humor and an ability to have fun while working hard. A passion for movies and TV with a pulse on industry trends is key.
- Own and drive the strategy and process for managing content and its commercial use; influence campaign concepts by suggesting content that is compelling and drives intent to purchase.
- Partner with marketing managers to understand product positioning, target audiences and go-to-market strategy; coordinate briefings with marketing team and managing vendor teams to secure relevant content on an ongoing basis.
- Identify industry, product and customer insights and use research to inform and write content strategies for device launches.
- Manage pro-active communication of status on content requests and approvals.
- Partner closely with design team to gather assets for creative executions.
- Manage catalogue of content assets, with consistent tracking and communication of negotiated terms, expirations and usage limitations; communicating consistently with teams to ensure clarity of content use.
- Develop, own and continually improve content process and opportunities – establishing best practices to drive a streamlined process while growing the quality and breadth of available assets.
- Work with existing content assets, internal content resources, and 3rd party content creation resources to prioritize, define, and create the content you'll need most to be successful.
- Work closely with corporate counsel to determine usage guidelines and its implementation of intellectual property within marketing.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience as a project or production manager, leading projects and managing data streams across teams.
- Proven ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously, successfully delivering the required results.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact with senior management on a regular basis.
- Experience and passion for working in a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Relentlessly high standards and a high attention to detail.
- Great track record of sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Communications, Film/Media studies, or related field.
- Relevant experience in the entertainment industry, such as managing partner relationships with content providers or studios.
- Prior experience working within a 3rd party vendor ecosystem.
- Prior experience working within a digital asset management system.
- MBA or Master's Degree in relevant field
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top