Content Strategy Analytics Lead, Amazon Music
- London, United Kingdom
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software /development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
Are you interested in working at the intersection of , technology, and music? Does the prospect of fusing our music strategies with analysis excite you?
Amazon Music is looking for a skilled strategic, analytical, and full-stack analyst to help build our understanding for how users engage with music and content across the industry and on our platform. You will be a part of member of our Content Strategy & Analysis team, which aims to bring what we see in our into action and result. This role will strengthen the bond between our customers and artists - you'll help us achieve this by conducting holistic research across our customers, by building analytics tools, and by spearheading initiatives with internal and artist & label-facing teams to push forward best practices.
What You'll Do:
• Deeply study and synthesize how listeners engage with artists and songs
• Drive innovation by developing new measurement frameworks to assess content performance
• Communicate key trends and correlations to materially improve our platform's impact
• Build visualizations and establish processes to bring scalable insights closer to action
• Use mining, statistical techniques, and strategic business analysis to help contextualize what our customers are doing
• Be a strategic thought partner to the Content and Industry teams on the ground
What You Bring:
• A business mindset - you understand the realities of how businesses are run, and want to use to help build better levers
• Great communication skills - you can use to present not just the numbers, but the stories behind what's happening
• Leadership - you will be working hand-in-hand with executives across Amazon Music and the wider music industry
• Passion for music & culture - we sit on one of the most interesting sets in the world. Use it to discover how people engage with music
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, or Business
• 3+ years of relevant experience analyzing complex datasets
• Expert-level proficiency with data mining via (R or Python skills a plus)
• Expert-level proficiency in designing visualizations and dashboards (e.g., or similar BI software)
• Experience with forecasting and attribution modeling
• Experience creating and scheduling datasets
• Master's Degree in relevant & business analysis fields
• Experience in Media, Technology, Consulting, or Financial industries
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Back to top