Content Marketing Manager, Developers
We are looking for a marketing manager to help us change the way people interact with the things around them by improving our website and building developer-facing content for the Alexa Skills Kit. This role is responsible for increasing awareness and growing adoption with developers so they can create compelling voice experiences for Alexa, Amazon's voice service. Alexa is the brain behind Echo, the Amazon device designed around your voice that answers your questions, plays your music, reads the news you care about, checks sports scores or the weather, and much more—instantly. All you have to do is ask.
The Amazon Alexa developer marketing team is looking for an experienced and self-directed writer and marketer to help us evangelize the Alexa voice service. This role will be on the forefront of a new type of customer experience in an area that represents an evolution in how people interact with applications and devices. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for new products, developers and the Internet of Things, enthusiasm for our mission to build voice-first experiences, and a talent for creating innovative marketing programs and producing top-caliber content.
The Marketing Manager will take the lead on developing and executing our content strategy to increase awareness and educate developers so that they have the knowledge and training to build Alexa skills. They will develop programs to showcase that content through a variety of channels—from our blog to webinars, third-party content engines, presentations at events, and more. The role will develop a deep understanding of the inputs to the Alexa business and act as the day-to-day lead on strategy and execution for our content programs. They will analyze customer and voice design trends to optimize our content marketing and evangelism programs for the developer audience.
The Marketing Manager will be expected to innovate and will be empowered to expand our horizons to new approaches. In typical Amazon fashion, this role will hold a high bar for measurement of marketing activities, and will define success metrics, measurement methods and reporting processes for their efforts.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
- Define content and thought leadership strategy for Alexa programs worldwide, working closely with our marketing, evangelism, solution architect and product teams.
- Create regularly refreshed content to feed PR and our online and in-person marketing engines, including videos, white papers, infographics, case studies, analyst reports, event collateral and more.
- Drive the strategy for event content at Amazon and third-party events
- Own drafting thought leadership content for senior Alexa leaders, including assisting with drafting and designing keynote presentations.
- Root the Alexa brand firmly in customer evidence by owning and growing our program for developer testimonials, creating case studies for our website, highlighting stories in video and selecting developers to speak with us at events.
- Drive innovation and raise the bar for content across all channels, including digital marketing, at events, technical documentation and developer portal.
- Partner with the product team to improve content and developer experience on the Alexa Developer Portal.
- Own cadence and content for our public-facing developer newsletter.
- Scale our content programs as needed by working with external content providers.
- Act as chief editor and content bar raiser to ensure high-quality content across the marketing team.
- Report weekly on our content calendar and own content success metrics in our weekly business review.
- Manage budget, forecasting and reporting on a monthly basis.
If this sounds like an exciting marketing challenge, then we'd like to hear from you.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications, or a related field
- At least 3+ years of experience in marketing with experience in content and technical marketing
- Successful history of defining content marketing strategy
- Demonstrable experience as a writer and creative director
- Decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate, inspire, and lead cross-functional teams in different geographies and business units
- A strong leader and excellent communicator who can drive messaging strategy and articulate recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
- Strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top