- Seattle, WA
Do you love social media? Social shopping? Emotive and visual storytelling? Photography and filmmaking?
Personalization's mission is to grow each customer's relationship with Amazon by leveraging our deep understanding of them to provide relevant and timely content, program and product recommendations.
The Inspirational Shopping team helps customers discover and curate products based on recommendations from brands, friends, influencers and publishers they trust. We build photo and video-first experiences on top of these trust networks that make shoppers feel acknowledged, entertained and inspired. We allow customers to shop by topic or recommendation source. As part of the Personalization organization, we bring human-in-the-loop product recommendations to the company's established world-class personalization capabilities. This is a strategically significant and high exposure program. We work in a startup-like environment filled with people excited by the future and promise of social commerce. We're looking for a motivated and proven content curator to join our leadership team.
We are looking for a Managing Content Curator to own the content and curation strategy for our customer facing experiences. You will define what ideal photo and video content should look like, partner on UX requirements and develop the quality bar for content from numerous sources (such as brands, influencers and internal teams). You will provide insights on content trends across multiple topics, identify gaps and create action plans around our existing content (including diverse content), and partner with numerous stakeholders to source that content. As we expand to new topics (e.g., beauty, cooking, outdoors), you will also determine the needs for each new topic and define the launch and operational content strategy. You will need to balance your strong creative voice with the discipline required to empower brands, influencers and publishers to bring emotive photos and videos to the Amazon shopping experience that amplifies their individual values and voices.
• Champion our inclusive shopping goals to ensure we are celebrating a broad set of brands and creators.
• Establish and evaluate the content quality bar across our shoppable lists, photos and videos.
• Identify and evaluate the brands, influencers and publishers that will be featured in our onsite experiences.
• Lead our efforts in bringing storytelling to commerce.
• Own monthly insight report to identify and prioritize new shopping topics.
• Own the weekly calendar for recommended creator spotlights and featured topics.
• Write and publish creative guidelines for shoppable lists, photos and videos.
• Write and publish education resources that help new creators produce compelling photos and videos for social commerce experiences.
If you enjoy dealing with high ambiguity and deep partner collaboration in the high growth area of social commerce, come join us!
• Bachelor's degree in Art, Communications, Design, Journalism or applicable field
• 8+ years of experience as a content editor
• Expertise with visual content, style guidelines and grammar
• Project management skills, including experience juggling multiple projects at once, setting schedules, and prioritizing
• Master's degree in in Design, Art, Journalism, Communications or applicable field
• 10+ years of experience as a content curator or editor in a global tech company, lifestyle magazine or high growth media company
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top