Consumer Veteran Business Leader Program
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is excited to offer the military community the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for a full-time role after years of military service is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful, as it is about finding the right role.
Who qualifies for the Consumer Veteran Business Leader Pipeline?
• US Military Veteran, separated from service for 2+ years and meets basic qualifications below
• Active Duty, Reservist, or Guard currently participating in or recently completed a fellowship, internship, or other on-the-job training experience (such as Hire Our Heroes Fellowship, Amazon Military Skillbridge Internship, AWS Military Apprenticeship), with an expected military termination date of 3-months or less on day of application (e.g. candidates with military termination date of 6/1 can apply starting 3/1) and meet the basic qualifications below.
• Military Spouse or Veteran Spouse who meets basic qualifications below
What types of jobs are available?
Qualified candidates are matched to and interview for full-time roles across the Consumer Division based on a combination of the following: directly transferable military work experience, education, and any applicable industry experience.
Though some candidates will be considered for senior-level people manager roles, candidates with no eCommerce or tech-industry experience will enter Amazon as an individual contributor (IC). Individual contributors own and drive the growth of their business, accounts, categories, programs, and/or technical products. Entering Amazon as an IC is normal, even for candidates with people management and 10+ years of direct industry experience. The level of role a candidate is matched to (entry-, mid-, senior-) is commensurate upon a combination of education and military experience.
Candidates are considered for several roles based on their directly transferable experience, roles include. : Retail Vendor Manager, Retail Instock Manager (Supply Chain), Product Manager, Program Manager, or Risk Manager.
Where are the jobs located?
Most of the open jobs are located at Amazon HQ1 in Seattle, WA.
What are the perks?
A benefit of the Consumer Veteran Business Leader Pipeline is access to the Veteran Business Leader Program (VBLP). In addition to the online and in-person training offered to all new Amazonians, new hires located at Amazon HQ1 in Seattle, WA, will participate in a yearlong training and on-boarding program that include: veteran specific support for service-to-civilian transitions, peer mentorship, and connection to the larger Amazon veteran and milspouse communities.
• Masters degree, MBA, or other Advanced degree
• 6+ years of full-time work experience (combined military and civilian)
• Intermediate Proficiency in Excel and other tools to analyze data. Experience with Dive Deep and using data to drive decision making
• Demonstrated Ownership and ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Proven track record of Bias for Action and Earn Trust, driving results as a self-starter and self-directed
• Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Highly polished communication skills
• Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL, and statistics software
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to manage large and complicated problems without a playbook
• Demonstrated ability to think big and influence across all levels of an organization
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
• Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
Back to top