Consumer Veteran Business Leader Pipeline, Transitioning Directly from Service
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon is excited to offer military veterans and military spouses the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for a full-time role after years of military service is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful, as it is about finding the right role.
Who qualifies for the Consumer Veteran Business Leader Pipeline?
Active duty military, reservist, and military spouses with an expected military termination date of 6-months or less on day of application (e.g. candidates with military termination date of 12/1 can apply starting 6/1) and meet the basic qualifications below.
What types of jobs are available?
Qualified candidates are matched to and interview for full-time roles across the Consumer Division based on a combination of the following: candidate career interests, military work experience, education, and any applicable industry experience.
Though some candidates will be considered for senior-level people manager roles, candidates with no eCommerce or sales experience will enter Amazon as an individual contributor (IC). Individual contributors own and drive the growth of their business, accounts, categories, programs, and/or technical products. Entering Amazon as an IC is normal, even for candidates with people management and 10+ years of direct industry experience. The level of role a candidate is matched to (entry-, mid-, senior-) is commensurate upon a combination of education and military experience.
Example roles include but are not limited to: Vendor Manager, Instock Manager, Product Manager, Program Manager, Account Rep, Account Manager
Where are the jobs located?
Most of the open jobs are located at Amazon HQ1 in Seattle, WA, however, there are some Consumer roles available nationwide. Currently, remote roles are not available.
What are the perks?
A benefit of the Consumer Veteran Business Leader Pipeline is access to the Veteran Business Leader Program (VBLP). In addition to the online and in-person training offered to all new Amazonians, new hires located at Amazon HQ1 in Seattle, WA, will participate in a yearlong training and on-boarding program that include: veteran specific support for service-to-civilian transitions, peer mentorship, and connection to the larger Amazon veteran and milspouse communities.
• Bachelors degree
• 8+ years of military work experience
• Intermediate Proficiency in Excel and other tools to analyze data in order to support business decisions
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results - self-starter and self-directed
• Highly polished communication skills
• Masters degree, MBA, or other Advanced degree
• 5+ years military work experience
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to manage large and complicated projects with experience leading cross-functional projects and teams
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
• Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL, and statistics software
• Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
Back to top