Consumer Tech Hiring Event - Washington D.C., Sept 2017
Consumer will be hosting a hiring event in Washington D.C. and will take place the week of September 25th, 2017. We will be hiring for our office in Seattle, and the role will require relocation.
Software Development Manager
Amazon's Consumer organization is looking for a passionate, results-oriented inventive Software Development Manager. As the development manager, you'll lead a talented and nimble team of engineers. Responsibilities include direct management of 5+ engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The business requires creative engineering balanced with high quality and customer focus.
- Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle
- Develop the long-term strategy for your programs and translate that into an achievable road map/action plan
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 10+ years of experience as a software developer
- 5+ years' experience managing people
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable
local, state and federal laws.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top