Consumer Tech Hiring Event - Dubai September 2017
Consumer will be hosting a hiring event in Dubai, UAE and will take place the week of September 25th. We will be hiring for our office in Vancouver, BC and the role will require relocation.
Software Development Engineer
Amazon's Consumer organization seeks talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. As a member of our team, you will work closely with the business to design and implement new features.
You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development life cycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will push your design an architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment
- 8+ years of experience in an object oriented language such as Java, C++, or C#
- Experience building data structures and algorithms for large-scale software or online service
- Architect and develop scalable platform solutions
- Strong Object-oriented design skills.
- Experience monitoring and troubleshooting website performance
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience working in start-up mode building new products and services from the ground up.
- Collaborate with business owners to solidify requirements and create world class shopping experiences
- Experience with accessibility, localization, and usability patterns in various devices and platforms.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Have written high performance software using networking protocols such as TCP, SSL, DNS, etc.
- Experience with computer security and intrusion detection development or research
- Experience with large-scale data processing and mining
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience or interest in Cloud Computing and other emerging technologies
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Computer Science fundamentals in networking and operating systems
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top