Consumer Insights Manager, Prime Video Japan Marketing
- Tokyo, Japan
Prime Video has a unique opportunity to pioneer the shift towards digital video entertainment in Japan. Offering thousands of titles to stream online across hundreds of devices, including recent cinema blockbusters, local hit shows and our own locally-created Amazon Original content, Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies and series in Japan and we want you to be a part of it.
The Prime Video Japan Marketing Planning & Insights Team is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Consumer Insights Manager to help ensure the voice of the customer is central to our most important marketing decisions. This position will be responsible for applying best in class consumer research methodologies to support our marketing strategy and marketing campaigns. We need you to combine your experience across consumer research and analytics with your passion for entertainment to provide rich insights to our Strategic Planning and Campaign Marketing teams that help us to deliver breakthrough marketing for our brand and flagship content.
In this role, your core responsibilities will be to:
• Lead the generation of audience insights for our priority target audiences that inform marketing strategy and campaign planning.
• Manage agencies to deliver standard research inputs to marketing campaign planning, including marketing concept and creative testing, in-flight campaign tracking, and post-evaluation research.
• Improve the above recurring processes for campaign development through innovation and optimization.
The successful candidate will have proven proficiency in consumer research principles and direct project management experience of primary research projects. They will have strong analytical abilities, and proficient written and verbal communication skills in both English and Japanese. They will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. They will work closely with local Strategic Planning, Campaign Marketing, Marketing Analytics and Content Insights teams, as well as with the global Consumer Insights team.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Analytics, Economics or a similar field.
• 5+ years' experience across Customer Insights, Consumer Research, Data Analytics, Marketing Strategy or Business Consulting
• 3+ years' experience in customer research management, client- or agency-side
• Bi-lingual in spoken and written Japanese and English, and ability to write in English clearly and concisely
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills, with an ability to clearly convey key insights from analysis
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external teams to deliver complex projects
• Experience applying consumer insights to develop and evaluate mass marketing campaigns
• Experience leading primary research studies across various methodologies: online quant and qual surveys, focus groups, 1:1
Back to top