Consumer Insights Manager (MX)
- Mexico City, Mexico
Research Manager, Amazon Studios Consumer Insights
We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly innovate, experiment and drive solutions that will improve the customer experience. Amazon Studios has a culture of data-driven decision-making and demands insights and recommendations that are timely, accurate, and actionable.
The Amazon Studios Consumer Insights team is looking for a highly motivated Research Manager to lead customer-focused primary research projects to help inform Latin America content strategy. The successful candidate will have proven proficiency in market research principles, direct project management experience and a background in conducting research in Latin American countries (particularly Mexico). They will have strong analytical abilities and proficient written and verbal communication skills. They will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. They will work closely with Data Science, Development, Marketing and Finance teams, always making sure to represent the voice of our customers. The Research Manager will be located in Mexico City with primary stakeholders in the US as well as Central and South America.
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess an understanding of viewing behavior and content trends across Mexico
• Demonstrate applied knowledge across the core phases of the market research cycle: awareness, targeting, acquisition and retention.
• Have experience setting research objectives, writing surveys, and creating sound sampling and weighting schemes, and analyzing results.
• Identify appropriate methodologies based on business and research objectives
• Work closely with vendors to insure successful execution of research projects (domestic and global)
• Lead strategic research using primary, secondary and syndicated data sources.
• Have the ability to translate complex data sets into clear and compelling written narrative
• Exhibit strong presentation skills showing confidence and expertise in delivering research insights
• Accurately represent, and advocate for, the Prime Video customer in all analysis and meetings
• Take ownership of research studies end to end
• BS/BA or certificate of completion of studies required
• Fluent in Spanish and English
• 5+ years of professional experience in the market research field
• 3+ years Experience using data and metrics to draw business insights
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish to convey key insights from analysis
• 3+ yearsExperience with applied statistics, predictive analytics, and mixed methodology research
• 3+ years of proficiency using MS Excel and Word
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across internal teams
• Experience on the research vendor side or within the research
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish to convey key insights from analysis group of a media company
• Understanding of the television programming landscape is a plus
• Experience leading different types of viewer studies such as episode testing, dial testing, concept testing, series maintenance
• Direct experience leading studies across with various methodologies: online quant surveys, focus groups, 1:1, ethnos, online qual, mobile
• Experience with various statistical techniques (regression analysis, coefficient correlation)
• Experience with Vision Critical's Sparq platform, Tableau, SPSS, Quanvert, R, Python, is not required but a plus
• Familiarity with US/Latin America series, films and Latin American (actor/actress/comedian, etc.)
• Stay abreast of television and research industry news, trends and best practices
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top