Are you an infrastructure/cloud operations expert who has experience with implementing enterprise-level operational systems and processes for the AWS Cloud? Would you like to work with our customers to help them understand, plan and implement best practices around managing and operating their AWS cloud environment? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you want to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest application technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
At AWS, we are hiring the best hands-on infrastructure/cloud operations experts, who can assist our clients and partners in the integration of new, or existing, operational toolsets with the AWS platform to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high-availability features of the AWS cloud. Our consultants will collaborate with partner and client teams to deliver proof-of-concept projects, re-usable artifacts, reference architectures, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions in large enterprises, assisting in enabling their integration with existing enterprise operational systems and processes.
• As Senior Consultant you will lead complex projects with autonomy and discretion, often involving multiple Amazon and customer teams
• You will work with customers and partners, leading them through planning, prioritization and delivery of complex transformation initiatives, while collaborating with relevant Sales and Service Teams. You will design and deliver solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, and in turn, enable breakthrough innovations. You will create and apply frameworks, methods, best practices and artifacts that deliver prescriptive guidance to customers, and publish and present them in large forums and across various media platforms. You will guide customers' technical architecture and investments, maximizing alignment with the AWS platform, and ease of adoption as new services and products become available.
• You will help customers define target business outcomes and related work streams, and lead the subsequent projects and initiatives to consistently exceed these goals.
• As an Amazonian leader you will demonstrate the Amazon Leadership Principles, coaching and mentoring others on best practices, performance and career development.
• Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
• This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• 5+ years of experience building sophisticated and automated operational management platforms in a cloud or on-premises environment, particularly building service integration capabilities between multiple platforms
• Qualified in ITIL, TOGAF or similar ITSM frameworks, particularly focused on service operations or service transition
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing significant IT implementation and operations experience
• Deep hands-on experience working on the design, development and deployment of an enterprise supporting systems at a global scale
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
• Good experience with agile project management methodologies
• Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a cloud and on-premises environment
• Experience with the integration of AWS cloud management services (e.g. CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM) with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Building and maintaining run-book style automation or orchestration platforms in global, distributed enterprise IT environments
• Deploying and managing operations and monitoring tools such as MS System Center, HP OpenView, BMC, Tivoli, Nagios, SiteScope, etc.
• Previous experience working with CMDB and change management solutions such as Remedy, Atrium, ServiceNow, CA etc.
• Previous experience assessing, optimizing, managing, automating enterprise IT service management processes
• Previous experience implementing and managing Enterprise SIEMs and/or Operational Data Warehouse systems where logs, alerts, event info etc. are forwarded to, processed and stored
• Experience implementing and managing revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Team Foundation Server, Perforce etc.)
• Management of continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) servers such as Jenkins, Atlassian Dev Tools and TeamCity
• Implementation of showback and chargeback systems in large enterprise IT environments, including on-going cost optimization corrective actions
• Integration and federation of identity and access management systems such as Active Directory, including management (IAM) and administration of role based, fine grained resource controls
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math
• Understanding of virtualization technologies and system architectures that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
• Presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, etc.
• Experience working directly with customers and partners