Construction Project Coordinator
Amazon Go is a new kind of physical store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Learn more at amazon.com/go.
Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth's most customer-centric company and we are just getting started. We are looking for people who want to join an ambitious team that continues to push the state of the art and improves the daily lives of customers.
The Role: Amazon is seeking a highly motivated, organized Construction Coordinator to own construction project administration. This Seattle-based position will be part of an exciting, fast-moving business, where everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work effectively in a highly collaborative environment. You are the right person for this job if you have a strong end-user focus and a passion for producing high-quality work. You must demonstrate the ability to efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources across multiple projects. You will work closely with other stakeholders to make decisions and find solutions quickly and with confidence. You are the right person for this position if you take ownership of your work, display a great deal of initiative, possess common sense, sound judgment, and a sense of humor.
- Track and communicate project budgets and schedules with business partners, contractors and vendors.
- Responsible for bid packages and providing bid breakdowns for evaluation.
- Responsible for collecting vendor quotes and processing purchase orders.
- Responsible for tracking change orders and timely follow-up.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to compile final project costs.
- Partners with Construction Manager to complete general contractor paperwork. Compiles and assembles the general contractor contract package. Tracks, generates and ensures general contractor payments.
- Track equipment and owner-furnished items to meet schedule requirements. Includes managing timeframes and resolving challenges with shipping or availability if needed.
- Manage store requests and coordinate projects with vendors at construction turnover.
- Manage and adhere to AIA contract documentation process. Develop work orders and issue POs and manage pay applications.
- Creates and maintains project files. Assist with project documentation, including RFI's, submittals and change orders.
- Responsible for setting up utility services with local service providers (electrical, telephone, water, etc.).
- Receives and processes invoices through Accounts Payable.
- Assists in compiling project turnover documents for stakeholders including facility documentation, close-out warranties, O&M Manuals, asset register and other pertinent information.
- Facilitates close out of project paperwork, receipt of any Tenant Allowance within target timelines.
- Participates in the continuous improvement of construction processes and implementation of best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Well-rounded project management capabilities.
- Experience in the construction and/or facility management field.
- Experience building and managing budgets.
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Project.
- Ability to read and interpret project schedules and schedule of values.
- Ability to evaluate status of a construction project, meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Strong communication skills and understanding of the end user.
- BA/BS degree from accredited university.
- Have strong experience relevant to retail construction/facilities programs, 3+ years industry experience.
- Experience in reading commercial contracts (master agreements/work-orders).
- Familiarity with business process documentation and improvement.
- Ability to work within an ambiguous environment and manage change.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results.
- Demonstrates willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing work environment. Ability to effectively manage varying workload requirements; can shift gears comfortably, manages competing demands, or unexpected events.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team as projects dictate.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top