Construction Program Manager
Construction Program Manager
Are you interested in helping grow one of Amazon's brick and mortar initiatives? Amazon Campus is a program offering college students new and innovative retail experiences through standalone Pickup Points on and near university campuses. We have launched 22 staffed locations to date with additional locations coming in 2017. We are looking for a strong Construction Program Manager to support our growing business.
The Amazon Campus team is looking for an experienced, analytical, and entrepreneurial Construction Program Manager who will support both the Design and Construction teams. This person will be responsible for managing each retail location's budget, project management/vendor coordination, vendor relationship management, quality control, and launch execution. This position will engage with internal and external teams to manage the execution of multiple end to end projects at a given time. The ideal candidate is a passionate self-starter who is comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment and building new processes from scratch. The ideal candidate also has outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Track store budgets against design and construction capital expenditures
- Track project timelines in relation to design and construction, ensuring alignment with operations and overall project launch
- Own all vendor relationships regarding purchasing, timelines, quality control, and execution
- Coordinate and source store development design and construction materials
- Grow vendor base; manage RFP/RFQ, contract negotiations, pricing negotiations, vendor selection, and onboarding process
- Own full cycle payment process from collecting proposals, issuing purchase orders, and tracking invoice payments
- Assist in program-wide initiative rollouts
- Assist with repairs and renovations program
- Assist with ad-hoc business requests pertaining to design and construction
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Construction Administration or Management, Supply Chain/Operations or similar field with analytical bias.
- 3+ years' experience in an office management / retail operation / operations capacity
- Construction Administration experienced is strongly preferred
- Project Management experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with peers and various levels of management
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top