Construction Permitting Manager
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Construction Permitting Manager
We are Amazon's EU Design & Construction team, and we are responsible for the construction of Amazon's large network of European building infrastructure such as Fulfillment Centers, Cross Dock buildings and last mile delivery stations, and also refurbishments of existing infrastructure. We want to be Earths most customer-centric company, and our team lives up to this promise to our internal customers.
We are a team of top talented international individuals in a great thriving environment, where we highly value and appreciate individual approaches. We are fast, fun, and we live up to the attitude of "Every Day Is Day 1."
We require an experienced Construction Permitting Manager to support us with the growth of our European network. The candidate would ideally require to have extensive experience in construction and operational permit preparation, obtainment and enforcement management, managing or accompanying a multitude of international EU projects on a program level.
• You are an Architect, a Civil or Structural or Construction Engineer, or a professional having managed permitting and design processes for construction projects.
• You have a track record in permitting and design management, ideally for larger construction programs. You have strong construction design and project management capabilities, good interpersonal skills and a think out of box attitude.
• You will assume a centralized function and will support, review and standardize permitting documents, follow ups and changes for new and retrofit sites
• You push to improve and coach project architect teams who are creating permit documentation, and ensure permits are fit for operational requirements.
• You will be our Subject Matter Expert for Building Permits and licenses, and the link between the Construction team, which manage ongoing projects on the ground and the Preconstruction team which are setting these projects up.
• Understand the permitting and licensing process in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, and develop strategies to standardize and improve
• Collect and sync feedback from developers, contractors and consultants, and internal stakeholders
• Assist Preconstruction and Construction Managers during design reviews, GC procurement, value engineering, tender reviews
• You will be located in the Luxemburg office of the EU Engineering Services team, who are delivering all parts of our buildings, including mechanical handling equipment and Amazon Robotics equipment.
• University Degree, B.S. or Master, in Architecture, or Civil Engineering, or Construction Management, or science/technology.
• Extensive construction design and permitting management or creation experience, ideally in international environments
• Proven experience in development and implementation of logistics, industrial or residential projects
• Working and software-architectural knowledge in BIM and / or 3D modelling tools, Revit, Navisworks and related
• Project management skills tracking and accompanying multiple projects
• Good working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project and related software
• Professional fluency in English required
• The role will include frequent short term travel to many locations throughout EU.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Work experience within field execution, i.e. with General Contractors
• Experience in fire, evacuation and smoke strategies and their impact on permitting and building design
• Strong leadership experience in medium or large construction program management
• Broad experience in design exchange and information management platforms used in construction industry
• Speaking of other EU languages, + German a bonus
Back to top