Computer Vision Applied Scientist
- Seattle, WA
We are a computer vision research group in Berlin, Germany creating novel solutions in collaboration with product teams all across Amazon for some of the most visible and exciting problems out there. Our work sits right at the intersection of research and engineering and we are delivering products with real world impact in various application fields, e.g. for Prime Video, Prime Photos, Robotics and Retail. If that sounds interesting for you and if you would like to live in one of the most exciting places of the world, then we have the perfect role for you. We have open Applied Scientist positions for all levels of experience and this is what we are looking for:
• Research, design, implement and evaluate novel computer vision algorithms
• Work on large-scale datasets, creating scalable, robust and accurate computer vision systems in versatile application fields
• Collaborate closely with researchers and engineers to drive systems from prototyping to production level
• Collaborate with teams spread all around the world
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, you'll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement. We don't like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. That's the kind of spirit that drives our success and you could be part of it. It's as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
- PhD in computer vision/machine learning or related experience
- Broad knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in computer vision/machine learning
- Coding skills in two or more programming languages such as Python, C, C++, Java etc.
- Experience in publishing at major computer science conferences or journals
- Hands-on experience with popular deep learning frameworks such as MxNet and TensorFlow
- Hands-on experience with Python
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Amazon Science (www.amazon.science) gives you insight into the company's approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It's the company's ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists continue to publish, teach, and engage with the academic community, in addition to utilizing our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top