Compute Go-To-Market Specialist
- Hong Kong
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology.
Want to make history? Come and join the AWS Compute Specialist team and help our Hong Kong and Taiwan customers realize the value of our AWS Compute offering. Thousands of customers run on Amazon's industry leading cloud computing platform.
As a Compute Go-to-Market Specialist, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and assist deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's cloud computing platform within the enterprise, SMB, and start-up communities, with specific focus on Compute services (i.e. Amazon EC2, Amazon ECS, Amazon EKS, AWS Lambda, AWS Outposts & etc.) in Hong Kong and Taiwan. You will work with customers to drive managed cloud adoption while creating and orchestrating "at scale" partner execution, programs, initiatives, research, and enablement for our sales and cross functional customer teams. A proven track record of developing and executing go-to-market (GTM) / sales programs and initiatives at scale with tangible results is essential.
Your responsibilities will include partnering with the account and channel teams to define key market segments to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in those markets, and enabling the account team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. You'll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as a key member of the World Wide Specialist Organization (WWSO) team in helping to drive AWS marketing, sales, and technical strategies for the Computing solutions in HK/TW
• Build and scale out programs for demand generation teams and AWS partners to advance workload sales opportunities across a broad set of customers in HK/TW
• Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new enterprise customers
• Be a leader of virtual teams. You will guide global cross functional teams to drive compute adoption on AWS across existing and new AWS customers.
• Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while discussing potential application of the AWS services for their business and use case
• Support a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
• 7+ years of business development, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience in Infrastructure, Virtual Machines, Microsoft licensing & Cloud Computing.
• 5-10 years selling technology, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry
• Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
• Experience with, and detailed knowledge of the support market and insights related to cloud computing and IT
• Strong verbal and written communications English skills are a must
• Business level communication in Mandarin is a must
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
• Experience working within the technology industry is highly desired.
• Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc)
• Knowledge of relevant AWS services is a huge plus
• MBA or equivalent is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top