Compliance Solutions Architect
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated solutions architect with focus on content creation to join the AWS Security Assurance team. We're looking for a builder with strong focus on thinking big to work on compliance at scale challenges. In this role your responsibilities includes architecture guidance, best practices, tool creation, training and working with customers.
You must have strong ownership and drive your own projects but also be used to working in and supporting multiple and distributed teams.
- Help drive and create technical communications across multiple platforms including web, whitepapers, and events
- Help develop tools and applications around discovery, automation and remediation
- Understanding of how commodity servers, operating systems and networks function, perform and scale to meet regulatory needs
- Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of resources
- Create processes that enhance operational workflow and provide positive customer impact
- Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions via simplification and automation
- Avoid re-inventing the wheel and prefer appropriately simple, repeatable solutions
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
- Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance at improving operational efficiency
- 7+ years' experience in IT security, compliance and risk management, including privacy, controls, etc.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
- 2+ years' experience working with Cloud Computing technologies, scripting languages (Python, node, etc), integrating 3rd party monitoring tools, security automation, encryption tools and best practices, and forensics.
- 2 years' implementation experience with enterprise security solutions such as WAF, IPS, Anti-DDOS, and SIEM
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing secure architecture and reference architectures
- An understanding of compliance regimes (such as, PCI, SOC, ISO, HIPAA)
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working with stakeholders across many functions
- Experience interpreting and communicating analytics
- Understanding of exploit protection and other advanced attacks containment
- Possess drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including published whitepapers
- Security architecture experience within a professional services firm or similar environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
For additional information or to send your resume directly, please email [email protected]
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top