Compliance Program Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is rapidly expanding its global presence. AWS adheres to multiple compliance frameworks by strategically implementing new IT processes and product security features to accommodate the requirements and to expand our global customer base. AWS is looking for an AWS Compliance Manager with security and compliance background to be part of a process improvement team. As part of the AWS Security Assurance team, the candidate is a key liaison with AWS service teams, infrastructure teams, AWS Security, and related Amazon corporate teams. This candidate should be a technically experienced and innovative security/compliance professional who has the ability to understand IT processes and to be able to drive innovative process changes through multiple organizations and teams.
This position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Liaise with auditors, improve documentation, track progress and performance, coordinate all improvement efforts, monitor process improvement effectiveness, and regularly communicate and present to leadership teams.
- Operate a rhythm of the business for managing changes to the control environment and in the preparing of audits; guide control owners in documenting their own control activities and confirm readiness of controls for audit and/or certification.
- Develop a working knowledge of the operational processes and controls in place that support all compliance programs. Also assist with linking policy, standard operating procedures, controls, monitoring, and reporting with the goal of improving operations, compliance policies, and risk management.
- Drive process improvement and control implementation projects in coordination with the service teams. This includes the resolution of audit findings and the execution of projects originated from internal assessments.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field of study (e.g., accounting, security, communications)
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience working with controls and/or regulatory programs
- Relevant industry experience in security or compliance work in support of a highly technical environment
- Execute and/or leading technical assessments in direct support of a major compliance effort (e.g. SOC1, SOC 2, PCI, ISO 27001, NIST, FedRAMP, etc.).
- Experience working successfully in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture.
- Experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance tools and technology.
- Experience in generating automated metrics to measure IT process effectiveness and consistency.
- Familiarity with enterprise productivity tools, such as trouble ticketing systems, workflow tools, etc.
- Work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Strong bias for action with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top