- Kladno, Czech Republic
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global e-commerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses, including Retail, third party marketplaces, e-commerce platforms, web services for developers. Amazon's mission is to be earth's most customer-centric company.
Compliance Operations (C-Ops) ensures that Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements in compliance with guidelines set by regulatory bodies. We coordinate various aspects of identifying the risk involved in handling a hazardous product during storage and transport and classifying products with appropriate hazmat attributes. We also review aspects of product transactions that are regulated (distribution, shipping, sale, and import/export). This involves analyzing product import documentation. We also focus on product testing, certification, and regulatory permitting to ensure customer safety and protect Amazon in a constantly changing global environment.
Roles and Responsibility:
A Compliance Manager will be responsible for managing and supporting operations across programs whose charter is to protect Amazon customers from products that are illegal, hazardous, unsafe, or otherwise prohibited /regulated by Law and Amazon policies. Duties may include, defining, applying, and defending regulatory, policy and contractual requirements. Managing risk tolerance across tasks supported, providing subject matter expertise and acting as a risk management evangelist within the organization. Other duties may include:
• Work with Suppliers and be the first point of contact to identify compliant / permissible goods on our website
• Be the first one to indemnify or highlight the potential risk to the ongoing business as new products get validated by the team managed under his supervision
• Work with Suppliers to enhance regular and periodic risk mitigation checks resulting into higher success on order placement
• Work with Suppliers to assess product, compliance / operational risks and develop risk elimination strategies
• Partner with Compliance program teams to minimize risk for the organization
• Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities
• Serve as a confidential point of contact for team members to communicate with business team / sellers, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas pertaining to operational risk and report irregularities.
• Be a custodian of the risk when liaising with internal teams (e.g. supply chain, fulfillment center, system teams) to help drive tools and process improvements that affect vendor management workflows
Key Performance Areas:
• People Management (leadership role, Category Lead, team management, talent development and retention)
• Formulate, Implement, Track career path & Individual Development Plans Metrics and performance management
• Mentor and guide Quality lead / Process Expert to manage quality, improve process efficiency and minimize variation, conceptualize, design and deliver trainings to the team
• Manage the team and ensure high service delivery and execution
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline; business background is considered an advantage;
- 2 to 4 years of experience in managing people and interacting with customers / stakeholders;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English;
- Command of German or Turkish is an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, and influence work behaviors; - Demonstrated problem solving and analytical capability.
- Experience in data analysis and working with large data sets;
- Background in Business Process Outsourcing (tech, financial services, customer service, call center etc.) is a plus;
Back to top