Community Shopping Science Manager
- Vancouver, Canada
Customer Reviews, Deals and Content Moderation are community driven experiences that are key to the Amazon experience worldwide. Join the applied research team in Berlin, Germany supporting Community Shopping and driving the customer experience for these important programs.
The problems are real, with tangible customer impact. The work sits at the intersection of research and engineering, driving better quality in our reviews corpus, ensuring appropriate content across customer-submitted text, images and video at massive scale, and ensuring that the right deals surface for the right customer at the right time. The applications are wide and range from Generic ML to NLP and Computer Vision.
We are an applied research group in Berlin, Germany creating novel solutions in collaboration with product and engineering teams at the core of some of Amazon's biggest and most engaged systems. If that sounds interesting for you and if you would like to live in one of the most exciting places of the world, then we have the perfect role for you. We have open Applied Scientist Manager position and this is what we are looking for:
• Build and manage a team of 5-7 applied scientists
• Design, implement and evaluate ML models
• Work on large-scale datasets, creating scalable, robust and accurate ML based systems
• Collaborate closely with engineers to drive systems from prototyping to production level
• Collaborate with teams spread all around the world
• PhD in machine learning or related experience
• Broad knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in machine learning
• Coding skills in one or more programming languages such as Python, Scala, Java, C, C++
• Proven track record of successful ML models and practical implementation
• Hands-on experience with popular ML frameworks such as scikit-learn, MxNet or TensorFlow
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with application development practices at scale
• Ability to work independently and in a team, understand business requirements and make the right trade-offs
• Familiarity with AWS services such as SageMaker is considered a plus
Amazon Science (www.amazon.science) gives you insight into the company's approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It's the company's ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists continue to publish, teach, and engage with the academic community, in addition to utilizing our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top