Communications Program Manager
Launched on the web in 1995, Amazon has grown to become the world's leader in e-commerce, and in customer service. Our vision is to be Earth's most customer-centric company; to build a place where customers can find and discover anything they want to buy online. Our global Customer Service (CS) team is at the heart of that mission, supporting Amazon's millions of customers on product questions, post-order inquiries, technical support, and customer account management. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. So if you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, innovative and customer-orientated environment, Amazon is the place for you. We're making history and the great news is that we've only just begun.
This role is based in the USA, and will be responsible for the NA Customer Service (CS) communications strategy and programs, which includes enabling CS site leaders and operations leaders to effectively communicate with their teams ensuring key information is cascaded consistently and smoothly through the organization.
The position drives the consistent messaging of our unique Amazon culture and customer obsession to both internal customer service sites, and outsourced partner operations. The role ensures that all messaging reinforces our culture and that we have consistent, intentional themes threaded throughout communications. The role also identifies appropriate communications channels ('All Hands' meetings, video messages, newsletters, blogs, internal social media tools, team meetings, etc.), translations, content and teaches others how to deliver that content.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Align NA Customer Service communication with the Global Customer Service Communication
- Develop and execute highly innovative internal communications strategies, messages and tactics to engage a dynamic employee base
- Proactively build and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders across a range of businesses and geographies
- Provide expert internal communications counsel to diverse groups within the organization
- Use internal communications tools including blogs, email, video, and social media tools to engage global customer service workforce
- Track and report content effectiveness metrics to internal stakeholders, as well as continually monitor, analyze and tune messaging to maximize impact; and manage and support crisis communications, as needed
- Develop and manage internal communications (for example, intra- or cross-divisional messages, talking points, frequently asked questions (FAQs), associate-facing promotional materials, presentations, articles)
- Develop communication plans for major change initiatives
- Develop and drive the execution of multiple business plans and campaigns for internal communications
- Identify and implement new and innovative communication ideas
- Train leadership teams on written, verbal, and visual communication strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or a related field (Journalism, Marketing Communication, Public Relations or related field and / or related work experience in the area of Communications and Change Management)
- Excellent writing skills are a must, with the ability to formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues, and create a concise and well-written narrative
- 3+ years of communications experience including internal communications-focused experience
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and recommendations
- Experience leading communications programs in a leading multinational business
- Experience leading social media employee engagement programs/campaigns
- Excellent track record of driving cultural change and influencing organizations through a communications plan
- Experience developing creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
- Ability to exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time-frames
- Willingness to roll up one's sleeves and get work done, even when it's outside the scope of the job
- Ability to pay painstaking attention to important details
- Communications experience in media, Internet, technology, distribution, operations, automotive, retail and/or airline industries is highly preferred
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top