Communications Manager, Amazon Smile
Amazon is seeking a highly intelligent, high-judgment and self-motivated public relations professional to join our global corporate communications team in Seattle, Wash, and manage communications for AmazonSmile.
The ideal candidate should have demonstrated expertise in events, media relations, social media engagement, influencer relations and strategic communications. He/she should be a strategic thinker, entrepreneurial, goal-oriented and enjoy working in a fast-paced, start-up culture, and will be highly organized, very detail oriented, self-motivated, and demonstrate an ability to respond effectively to changing workloads and priorities. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture. The ideal candidate is able to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group.
Core job responsibilities include:
- Drive proactive coverage in the press, social media and other channels for AmazonSmile programs;
- Develop and manage strategic public relations programs that connect customers and nonprofits to AmazonSmile;
- Drive awareness of AmazonSmile's benefits and impact;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholder teams to drive successful programs;
- Write press releases, social media, and other PR and marketing content, and pitch and secure top media, including print, broadcast and online outlets
- Manage reactive media inquiries;
- Deliver strategic communications counsel to internal executives on both short and long term challenges and opportunities;
- Effectively represent Amazon as a spokesperson;
- Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges.
- Minimum of 5 years of public relations experience;
- Experience working effectively with external audiences and communities;
- Communications and media relations experience with technology, consumer, nonprofit and/or Internet companies or organizations;
- Social media experience and an understanding of digital media trends; and
- Excellent verbal, writing and presenting skills.
Proven ability, willingness, and desire to…
- Exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes
- Speaking and presenting to large groups of stakeholders
- Develop local and national community relationships
- Think and communicate clearly – the ability to formulate a clear point of view and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it
- Work hard and smart
- Roll up sleeves and get work done, even when at times it's outside the scope of the job
- Pay painstaking attention to important details
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top