Communications and Training Specialist
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a leader in cloud computing, is seeking a curious, highly-intelligent, self-motivated and creative communications, training, and change management professional who is looking to apply their skills and experience in innovative ways. This role will be responsible for delivering high quality service to AWS' growing Global Business Operations (GBO) team.
AWS' growth is driving a rapid expansion of its world-wide sales team and there is an increased need for support in communications, intranet platforms, training materials/curriculum development, and change management within the Global Business Operations team that supports their work. This includes enhancing our existing communication channels and discovering new digital innovations that enable us to make real-time updates, provide topical messages, and link our employees (past, present, and future) to the information they need and want to know. The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and thrive in a dynamic environment while continually evaluating whether prevailing strategies are delivering the impact needed to justify their time and effort across different customer populations. The ideal candidate would have several years in field training and/or capabilities development, and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
This is a great opportunity for a creative, dynamic and results-driven communications and training professional to add significant value to the AWS Global Business Operations team.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Create communications content that drives engagement with our AWS employees;
- Translate business needs into training offerings and communications materials;
- Proactively build and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders across a range of businesses and geographies;
- Responsible for the creation of creative internal content video and digital content;
- Listen and bring awareness to online chatter (including across all intranet sites and inside existing tool platforms), then connect people to resources, escalate questions, comments or concerns coming from our employees;
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of communications through digital analytics, surveys, and other key performance indicators;
- Plan and administer trainings, including but not limited to: new hire training, on-boarding, management effectiveness/development, and new/improved tools training;
- Review and manage existing content libraries to determine opportunities to improve the learning and communications experience for our employees, ensure the content is current, relevant and that the best technology platform is used;
- Knowledge of maintaining curriculum in Learning Management System
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English, or a related field
- 4+ years of internal communications, training, or change management experience
- Experience creating digital content and written, video, or visual communications materials
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and able to manage priorities well
- Experience developing creative, effective communication plans for a diverse, remote, and mobile workforce and executing against them
- Willing to roll up one's sleeves and get work done, even when it's outside the scope of the job
- Superior written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Strong balance of creative and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills and experience, including managing internal stakeholders and multiple projects at once
- Possess a strategic approach to problems solving; able to anticipate potential issues
- Experience copywriting and editing documents and managing content/editorial calendar
- Technical aptitude to be able to quickly learn new technologies and implement blended learning solutions.
- Event planning and execution experience
- Graphic design experience or an eye for communicating visually a plus
- Experience creating metrics to measure communication effectiveness, reach and engagement
- International experience and/or experience working on cross-functional teams a plus
- Ability to apply adult learning principles, agile methods, learning technology and program management skills together in the design, development and maintenance of learning solutions
- Startup mindset
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top