Amazon Web Services is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will act as the 'Cloud Ambassador' across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools & tactics to get the most out of their Product and Support investment.
Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have an interest in helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Are you familiar with best practices for applications, servers and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology organization?
If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for! We are a group of smart people, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A LIFE AT AWS?
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs.
• Interact with leading engineers around the world.
• Partner with Amazon Web Services teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
• Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services.
• Drive customer communication during critical events.
• Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers' technical support experience.
• Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
WHY AWS SUPPORT?
• First and foremost this is a customer support role in The Cloud.
• On a typical day, a Support Engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer's cases through a variety of customer contact channels which include telephone, email, and web/live chat. You will apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions for our customers and drive customer interactions by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
• Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Support Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
• Career development: We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
• Training: We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role.
• We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven't been exposed to yet.
• Support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
• As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, working hours and days are based on customer demand and may include weekends (on a rotational basis).
• Meet Robert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uXCchOTdMM
This role supports our services that focus on distributed, cloud infrastructure of AWS S3 storage, Cloudfront, Storage Gateway, Glacier, Simple Email Service, Snowball, AWS Elemental Media Services (Video streaming, Transcoding and storage solutions), Kinesis Video Streams, Elastic Transcoder, AWS Transfer for SFTP, Datasync and AWS Backup. Our support engineers are also the "voice of the customer" and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests.
• Strong Unix/Linux or Windows system administration skills
• Knowledge of client/server and distributed systems architectures.
• Knowledge of filesystem, block and object storage.
• Knowledge of Storage architectures and backup/DR strategies
• Good understanding of networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, SSL, SFTP, TCP and UDP.
• Experience operating and troubleshooting email services and SMTP.
• Understanding of Content Delivery Networks
• Experience troubleshooting filesystem, block and object storage
• Experience with scripting (i.e. bash, Python, PowerShell etc.)
• Detailed knowledge of storage protocols: iSCSI, NFS, SMB
• Expertise with network troubleshooting and tools e.g. iperf, MTR, traceroute, dig,
• Understanding of streaming video (H264, MP4, WEBM, HLS, Smooth Streaming)
• Understanding of video compression & Delivery (Codecs & Containers, Streaming Protocols)
• Prior working experience with AWS e.g. AWS S3 storage, Cloudfront, Storage Gateway, Glacier, Simple Email Service, Snowball, AWS Elemental Media Services, Kinesis Video Streams, Elastic Transcoder, AWS Transfer for SFTP, Datasync and AWS Backup.
• Experience with Cloud architecture patterns and distributed computing concepts
• Messaging and Queueing experience
• Experience working with REST API based services
• Exposure to OS and networking security concepts and standard methodologies.
"Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates."
Amazon is committed to create a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age. European Commission Equal Opportunities.