Amazon was recently voted #5 most admired company in the US, #1 most innovative, and #1 in Customer Service. Amazon's technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions with the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. We have a team of talented Support Engineers located in 8 countries around the world, and are growing rapidly.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
• Interact with leading technologists around the world
• Work directly with Amazon Web Service architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
• Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
• Drive customer communication during critical events
• Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
• 5+ years of experience in technical position
• Interest in information security and a desire to learn techniques and technologies such as application security, cryptography, threat modeling, penetration testing, etc.
• Strong Linux or Windows system administrator skills
• Network Essentials - understanding of the various layers, TCP/IP, DNS, etc.
• Experience scripting or developing in at least one of the following languages:
- Powershell / Bash
- .NET (C#)
- iOS (Objective-C / Swift)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Customer service experience/Strong customer focus
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Self-starter who is excited about technology
• Knowledge of Cloud Computing concepts virtualization, networking, storage, etc.
• Experience with AWS
• Detailed knowledge of networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, SSL, SMTP, TCP
• Expertise with iperf, MTR, traceroute, dig, packet capture tools
• Luna SA certified Engineer
• Experience working with Hardware Security Models
''Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity and Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.''
The working hours for this role are: 6am-3pm OR 8am-5pm OR 10am to 7pm (including lunch)
You will work 5 days per week but may be faced with a non-standard weekend. The working days are Mon-Fri OR Tues-Sat OR Sun-Thurs.
These shifts are dependent on team capacity, but flexibility is always open for discussion.