Cloud Support Engineer - Networking
- Taipei, Taiwan
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, troubleshooting complex issues, working with customers, and have a strong technical background in networking technologies including DNS, Load balancing, IPsec, SSL, TCP/IP, Routing, Switching and physical connectivity. Our support engineers are also the "voice of the customer" and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests. If you're experienced in Network/System administration, working with networking hardware and software and understand the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment, you might be the person we are looking for!
You will be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
• Learn, support, and use groundbreaking technologies
• Field and manage technical customer issues via phone, chat and email
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
• Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
• Drive customer communication during critical events
• Create knowledge articles, videos and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related experience in a technical position
• 3-15 years of experience in network/system administration
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting software-based (IPsec & SSL) VPN solutions such as Openswan, Libreswan, Strongswan, Quagga, pfSence, Vyatta and/or Windows
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting hardware VPN devices such as Cisco, Juniper, SonicWall, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Palo Alto and Yamaha
• Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
• Demonstrated proficiency in network administration (DNS, BGP, Load Balancing)
• Understanding of firewall concepts and rules
• Understanding of hardware or software Load Balancers in a large data center environment
• Systems administration in Linux/Unix or Windows
• Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
• Strong customer focus and ownership
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Scripting/Programming experience
#AWSGCR Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top