Cloud Support Engineer - Kubernetes, DevOps
- Taipei, Taiwan
AWS is seeking talented individuals, well versed in DevOps technologies, automation, infrastructure orchestration, configuration management and continuous integration, who are not constrained by how "things are usually done". A suitable candidate would be a DevOps Engineer, a Site Reliability Engineer or a System Engineer with very good programming/scripting knowledge who is extremely customer focused, can multi-task, and utilizes both written & verbal communication skills to help our diverse range of customers to resolve their technical issues. As we operate on follow-the-sun model, with support sites in various locations globally, there is no after hours, on-call or mandated overtime in this role. This role will provide career growth opportunities as you gain new DevOps skills while performing your job.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services.
• Troubleshoot application deployments, recreate customer issues, and build proof of concept applications.
• Write and interpret configuration scripts for customer environments to install programs, configure logging, and modify configuration files.
• Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns and suggest fixes.
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions depending on customer use cases.
• Leverage your extensive support experience to work with internal AWS teams on improving our services.
• Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers' technical support experience.
• Create tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for internal and customer communities.
• Learn and apply ground breaking technologies.
• Act as customer's advocate and have a strong voice into the product development teams.
Empower customers who use AWS deployment management services, including but not limited to:
• CloudFormation (Infrastructure as Code)
• Elastic Beanstalk
• ECS (Orchestrating Containers)
• EKS (AWS managed Kubernetes)
• OpsWorks (Automate Operations)
• CodeDeploy, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, CodeCommit (Implementing CI/CD pipelines on AWS)
• AWS Core Services like (EC2, VPC, IAM, ELB and S3)
• Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
• 3 to 15 years of experience in a technical position.
• Understand how to management and troubleshooting on Kubernetes.
• Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange etc.)
• Understanding of IP Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL/TLS, etc.)
• One or more container orchestration management experience (e.g. Docker, OpenShift Kubernetes)
• One or more Web and Application Server technologies (e.g. Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Glassfish, JBoss, Puma, Passenger, IIS)
• Troubleshooting skills at multiple levels of complexity.
• Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
• Knowledge of AWS and Cloud Computing concepts (preferred experience with AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS CloudFormation or AWS OpsWorks)
• One or more DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible)
• One or more scripting language (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Python, Node.JS)
• One or more version control platform (e.g. Git, Perforce, SVN, TFVC)
Back to top