Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and that have backgrounds from a variety of different fields. If you have experience managing full application stacks from the system (Linux or Windows) up through a custom application, managing part of a network from layer 3 and higher, or web-related programming that includes the consumption of web services we'd like to talk with you!
You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
• Interact with engineers from leading technology companies around the world
• Field and manage technical customer issues via phone, chat and email
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
• Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
• Drive customer communication during critical events
• Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services
• As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, working hours and days are based on customer demand and may include weekends (on a rotational basis).
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Native fluency in both written and spoken Japanese language.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
• 3+ years of experience in a technical professional position
• Experience working within the software development or Internet industries
• Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up to custom applications
• Demonstrated expertise in systems administration (Linux/Window), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing), or programming (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
• Passionate about customers and new technology
• MS or PhD in related field
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience in Cloud/Distributed computing technology
• Experience in large scale server fleet management
• Experience in large scale network management
• Experience in large scale Hadoop enviroment management
• Experience in large scale Database management