Cloud Support Engineer I (Windows)
Cloud Support Engineer I – Windows
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities. You will be surrounded by people that are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
We are seeking Windows Systems Administrators with strong customer support and technical skills. Do you know the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment? Since we're working in the Cloud, you will need to be comfortable with networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing. If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customer's needs
- Interact with leading technologists around the world
- Work directly with Amazon Web Service Solutions Architects and Technical Account Managers to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customer's technical support experience
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services
- Act as a key member of the hiring team that hires and develops the best
- Open to working shifts (8am-4pm, 9am-5pm, or 10am-6pm M-F, including weekend rotations)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience (4+ years)
- 3+ years of experience in Windows Server administration and related services (Active Directory, DNS, IIS, MSSQL)
- 3+ years of experience in networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN)
- Exposure to Virtualization (Hyper-V, VMware, Xen)
- Exposure to Cloud computing (AWS, Azure, OpenStack)
- Exposure to storage technologies (SAN, NAS, iSCSI, FC, RAID)
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
- Expertise with IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, RRAS, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
- Experience with programming / scripting (Batch, VB, PowerShell, Java, C#)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter who is excited about technology
What if I'm not an expert in all the preferred qualifications listed on the job description?
That's okay. That's our preferred list, not a required listed. We hire smart people who can dive deep so we're more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven't been exposed to yet.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top