Cloud Support Engineer - Database
- Taipei, Taiwan
Amazon Web Services is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will act as the 'Cloud Ambassador' across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools & tactics to get the most out of their Product and Support investment.
Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have an interest in helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Are you familiar with best practices for applications, servers and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology organization?
If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for! We are a group of smart people, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
• Interact with leading technologists around the world
• Work directly with Amazon Web Service architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
• Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
• Drive customer communication during critical events
• Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers' technical support experience
• Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the customer community
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services
• 7-15 years of experience in a technical position
• Expert in either MySQL or PostgreSQL DB Engines
• Database administration experience
• Basic understanding of networking protocols(DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTPS, etc.) and Linux system
• Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Xen, Hypervisor)
• Troubleshooting/benchmark tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top