Cloud Support Engineer - CloudFront, Storage
- Taipei, Taiwan
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with a mission to create the earth's most customer-centric company, a company that customers from all over the globe will recognize, value, and trust for both our products and our service. Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History."
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition as the global leader in Cloud technologies. As an increasing number of enterprises move their critical systems to the cloud, we are in need of high-powered technical talent to help our customers navigate the operational challenges and complexities of cloud computing.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of customers as they build applications on top of AWS services. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon who are developing these new capabilities. We have a team of talented Support Associates located in five countries around the world, and are growing rapidly.
The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems and working directly with customers. This role supports our services that focus on Storage and Content Delivery technologies including S3, SES, CloudFront, Storage Gateway, Elastic Transcoder, Glacier, Snowball and Media Services. You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services.
• Troubleshoot application deployments, recreate customer issues, and build proof of concept applications.
• Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns and suggest fixes.
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions depending on customer use cases.
• Leverage your extensive support experience to work with internal AWS teams on improving our services.
• Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers' technical support experience.
• Drive customer communication during critical events
• Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
• Experience with Linux or Windows system administration
• Experience with web-based services and applications, Apache, Tomcat etc.
• Detailed knowledge of networking protocols and troubleshooting: DNS, HTTP, SSL, TCP
• Experience operating and troubleshooting email services and SMTP
Experience In Either :
• Understanding of Software Defined Storage (SDS) and Content Delivery Networks
• Good knowledge of storage protocols: iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, SMB
• Experience troubleshooting file system, block and object storage
• Knowledge of large-scale storage architectures and backup/DR strategies
• Experience troubleshooting file system, block, and object storage
• Understanding of Content Delivery Networks
• Understanding of streaming video (H264, MP4, WEBM, HLS, Smooth Streaming)
Experience working with REST API based services
• Knowledge of client/server and distributed systems / AWS Cloud architecture patterns
• Experience scripting (i.e. bash, Python, PowerShell etc.) would be an added advantage
• Exposure to various AWS services would be an added advantage
• Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
• Self-starter who is excited about learning new technologies on a daily basis
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Customer service experience / strong customer focus
• Strong multi-tasking skills
Back to top